Friday, May 20, 2005

Uncle Chief

My brother's youngest son turned six today. He started pre-school last year and has been excited about reading books and such, so I did the 'uncle' thing and got him a beginner's book (which is a big deal for me since I don't care for books):



Ok, I have a confession to make. I didn't actually buy it. I took it from my son's bookshelf. Apparently, my wife bought it for him a few years back for his birthday. Or at least that's what he told me. I usually get quite tipsy at birthday parties and don't remember them.

But for the record, I did buy the wrapping paper. And my brother is an asshole. I have the burn scars to prove it.

3 comments:

aughra said...

Similar to 'Daddy Drinks Because you Cry'.

boabhan sith said...

I own that book!

Blog ho said...

i really like how the elephant is dead.

About Me, Not You

I was christened Wannahockaloogy by our tribal leader. He was a bitter old man with throat cancer who believed that, to truly hock a loogie, one must not retrieve the phlegm from the throat, but from the soul. His weakened, delirious state made it easy for me to overthrow him and seize control. Now, I am the chief and I have internet access. Beware, delirious smoking populace. Beware.