Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Don't Judge A DVD By Its Cover

Perusing a local Borders bookstore, I eventually found myself clutching two DVDs (I don't care much for books):

Quest for FireThe Ben Stiller Show
Before I proceed, let me explain.

Quest for Fire: If I recall correctly, there's some bare titty in it and some "hittin' it from behind" action. 'Nuff said. Ben Stiller Show: If I recall correctly, there's a "crackling crotch" sketch that nearly killed me back in the day.

Now then. Let it also be known that I am a cheap bastard. I won't buy something unless A) there's sex involved, B) there's bleeding to be stopped, C) it's dolphin safe, or D) all of the above.
Actually, it's not that I'm cheap per se, but rather that I don't like to buy cheap. You may now proceed to the next paragraph.

So off I go happily prancing to the check-out when I'm ambushed with "if you buy a third DVD, the fourth one is free". Damn it. Free stuff...my nemesis. I scurry back to the DVD section, my mind racing with movie titles.

"Attention shoppers, Borders will be closing in 15 minutes." Dear god, have I truly spent the last hour flipping through DVDs? Sweat begins to bead up on my upper lip. The H is O.

In my hands I hold:

Godzilla Tokyo S.O.SThe Princess Bride
That's right... Fuck you.
As I turn to head back to the checkout, another title catches my eye:

Lifeforce
If I recall correctly, there's tits and ass in it. Plus vampires and nudity. Did I mention sex?

Five titles, 10 minutes, one to discard. Guess which one I put back and I'll tatoo your first name on my perineum... If it's not already there... And if I have room (HA! That was a joke).

3 comments:

Blog ho said...

A.) You are that cheap.
B.) Probably cheaper.
C.) It better be that princess movie or I'll be splitting your perineum.

Lifeforce is pretty damn good.

aughra said...

I vote princess bride - you could pick that up by joining a dvd club or on sale at Costco.

Fucking love the Ben Stiller Show.

Simon Downes said...

is the ben stiller show as gay as it looks?

About Me, Not You

I was christened Wannahockaloogy by our tribal leader. He was a bitter old man with throat cancer who believed that, to truly hock a loogie, one must not retrieve the phlegm from the throat, but from the soul. His weakened, delirious state made it easy for me to overthrow him and seize control. Now, I am the chief and I have internet access. Beware, delirious smoking populace. Beware.