Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Partial Sensical

I'm driving in to work and I'm stuck in a thirty-minute traffic jam and I'm staring at the license place of this lumbering semi in front of me and it says "SEMI TRUCK".

Now, I know English isn't my first language, but doesn't "semi" mean "smaller version of," or "not completely"?

So I gets ta thinkin' 'bout how could this 53-foot-long, 100-inch-wide vehicle not be a complete truck?

Breaker, breaker. Any truckers out there wanna 'splain this one to me? The best I can figure, it's because it's made up of two (not one) parts - the cab and the "truck" itself.

And for the record, my handle is "Peanuts" (not PENIS).

1 comment:

Blog ho said...

My handle? Envaginate. It's clinical.

About Me, Not You

I was christened Wannahockaloogy by our tribal leader. He was a bitter old man with throat cancer who believed that, to truly hock a loogie, one must not retrieve the phlegm from the throat, but from the soul. His weakened, delirious state made it easy for me to overthrow him and seize control. Now, I am the chief and I have internet access. Beware, delirious smoking populace. Beware.