Monday, April 18, 2005

I Pitty The Foo Who Prays For Guidance

Something I learned from a wise philosopher once upon a time:

God is supposedly omniscient and omnipotent. Now, for those of you like me, omniscient means "all knowing" while omnipotent means "all powerful." So we have this being who knows everything before it happens and has the ability to change it. Or is this a contradiction?

If everything is known, then everything is predetermined. And if everything is predetermined, nothing can be changed. Thus God cannot be both omniscient and omnipotent. Otherwise, if God had the ability to change what is known, then God would not know everything, as God could change it at any time.

Lost you? Good. Because according to this same philosopher you had the free will to choose whether to read this blasphemous post or to skip it. And now God is judging you on your decision. But, again, if God knows everything then everything is already set in stone, including your decision to read this. So God already knew whether you were going to read this post or not, thus your free will to choose is really just an illusion.

So you're being judged for decisions that were predetermined for you by something that doesn't have the power to change them.

Welcome to Hell.

7 comments:

Blog ho said...

a wise man once said, "philosophy is for retards."

i am no retard.

boabhan sith said...

LOL

Blog ho said...

Dear sir,

You suck.

Love Ho.

Anonymous said...

Loved it.
This is called critical thinking.
I'll take it wherever I can.

Of course, a wise man once told me that whatever you think God is, He's more...because there's no way we can conceive of him.
*shrug*
i'm not sayin', i'm just sayin'.

Blog ho said...

hey chief. posting nice things from anon is not fooling anyone.

Anonymous said...

This blog is soo much better than some of the childish garbage i've come across...blogho.

Anonymous said...

My cock is hot and I'm ready to rock!

Cocky Joe!

About Me, Not You

I was christened Wannahockaloogy by our tribal leader. He was a bitter old man with throat cancer who believed that, to truly hock a loogie, one must not retrieve the phlegm from the throat, but from the soul. His weakened, delirious state made it easy for me to overthrow him and seize control. Now, I am the chief and I have internet access. Beware, delirious smoking populace. Beware.